I am always on the lookout for recipes that have pumpkin in it. There's just something about the flavor of pumpkin during the Fall Season. So when I got wind of this gem of a recipe, I just had to try it to make sure it was indeed The Best Pumpkin Bread.
Before we get started, you need to know that this recipe will make 2 loaves. If you only need or want 1 loaf then cut the ingredients in half. In my case, 2 loaves are just perfect.
Pay close attention to the baking time. It will vary from oven to oven as well as the type of loaf pan you are using and what rack they sit on. I get good results pretty consistently baking for 60 minutes. I let mine cool for a solid 15 to 20 minutes until the sides pull away from the sides of the baking pans.
This pumpkin bread recipe reminds me of my pumpkin muffin recipe. Super moist and packed with pumpkin flavor. So if you are looking for a great pumpkin bread recipe for Thanksgiving, you must give this one a try.
📋 Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this Pumpkin Bread recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Pumpkin Puree, White Sugar, Vegetable Oil, Water, Eggs, All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, Salt, Ground Cinnamon and Ground Nutmeg.
🥣 How to Make The Best Pumpkin Bread
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large mixing bowl, mix pumpkin, sugar, oil, water, and eggs until well combined.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir well.
Gradually pour dry ingredients into the large bowl of the pumpkin mixture. Stir well completely combined.
Spray two 9 x 5 non-stick loaf pans with cooking spray. Pour mixture evenly into loaf pans.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
The Best Pumpkin Bread
- Loaf Pan
- 2 Cups Pumpkin Puree
- 3 Cups White Sugar
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- ⅔ Cup Water
- 4 Eggs
- 3 ⅓ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix pumpkin, sugar, oil, water, and eggs until well combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir well.
- Gradually pour dry ingredients into large bowl of the pumpkin mixture. Stir well completely combined.
- Spray two 9 x 5 non-stick loaf pans with cooking spray. Pour mixture evenly into loaf pans.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let loaves cool in pan before moving to a wire cooling rack.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.