It has been a little chilly lately and was in the mood for some comfort food so decided to make this Black Bean Chili from Weight Watchers.
Nothing out of the ordinary with this Chili recipe. Pretty straightforward and uses simple ingredients you probably already have on hand.
💭 Weight Watchers Disclaimer
I have personally never subscribed to Weight Watchers but have several family members that have over the years. This recipe comes from one of their old recipe books. I'm including the "points" listed in the book for convenience but if this is important to you, please confirm directly with Weight Watchers.
Weight Watchers Points for this recipe: 7 points per serving
💭 Recipe Tip
I do recommend using the leanest ground beef you can find otherwise you will find a little grease from the fat floating around. You can always skim it off if needed but leaner ground beef is best.
💭 Ingredient Substitution
If you don't care about it being a weight watchers recipe and just looking for a good chili recipe, you can substitute the ground beef for some ground turkey.
For more great recipes made with Black Beans, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this Black Bean Chili recipe from Weight Watchers (see recipe card for quantities): Olive Oil, Yellow Onion, Garlic Cloves, Chili Powder, Ground Cumin, Dried Oregano, Lean Ground Beef, Stewed Tomatoes, Black Beans and Sweet Corn.
Optional toppings include: Chopped Tomatoes, Avocado and Crushed Tortilla Chips.
🥣 How to make Black Bean Chili
In a dutch oven (or large skillet), heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Cook stirring constantly for 1 minute.
Add the ground beef and cook, breaking it apart with a spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the stewed tomatoes, black beans and sweet corn.
Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the flavors are blended, about 20 minutes.
Serve and optionally garnish with the diced tomato, avocado, and crushed tortilla chips.
Weight Watchers Black Bean Chili
- Dutch Oven (or skillet)
- 2 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 30 oz Stewed Tomatoes
- 30 oz Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz Sweet Corn, drained
- Tomato, chopped
- Avocado, finely chopped
- Tortilla Chips
- In a dutch oven (or large skillet), heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Cook stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Add the ground beef and cook, breaking it apart with a spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the stewed tomatoes, black beans and sweet corn.
- Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the flavors are blended, about 20 minutes.
- Serve and optionally garnish with the diced tomato, avocado, and crushed tortilla chips.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.
leave comment and rating!