I must admit that I am new to Zucchini. What I mean by that is that growing up on the east coast of Canada, we were more of a meat and potatoes kind of family. I don’t even remember if my parents ever tried to feed me Zucchini. I’m sure it was available to us but I don’t think it was part of our recipe routines. I do remember that Cabbage, wax beans and a few other fresh vegetables would occasionally make an appearance but not zucchini.
The only time to eat diet food is while you’re waiting for the steak to cook.
Fast forward to today and Zucchini appears on my dinner table at least once a week. Whether it’s in a salad, a casserole or just a simple side dish like this recipe, I make an effort to cook more with Zucchini. Don’t believe me? Check out my Delightful Walnut Raisin Zucchini Loaf or my Baked Chicken Zucchini Spaghetti Casserole.
Zucchini with CornPrint Pin Rate
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, Roughly Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Corn Oil
- 1 Sweet Banana Pepper, Chopped
- 2 Large Tomatoes, Peeled, Seeded and Chopped
- 1/2 Green Pepper, Roughly Chopped
- 1/2 Red Pepper, Roughly Chopped
- 3 Cups Corn Kernels, Frozen
- 1 lb. Zucchini, Chopped
- 1 Cup White Cheese, Grated
How to make this Recipe
- In a large skillet, fry the onions and the corn oil until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and peppers and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, cover and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add the frozen corn and cook until all the vegetables are al dente. Stir in cheese and serve.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.