A delicious veggie side dish with Zucchini and Corn made in a skillet. Healthy and Delicious at the same time!
Not too long ago I was looking for a nice veggie-based side dish to go with my Confetti Salmon Steaks. I already had a bunch of fresh vegetables so I decided to make this Zucchini with Corn Skillet. The beauty of these types of recipes is that you can easily substitute one ingredient for another. Don’t like onions? Lose them or replace with another veggie. Personally, I really like this combination. It paired very well with my Salmon steaks but certain it would make a nice veggie side dish for just about any type of meat.
Food is not about impressing people. It’s about making them feel comfortable.
I must admit that I am new to cooking with Zucchini, so this Zucchini with Corn Skillet was a new experience for me. What I mean by that is that growing up on the east coast of Canada, we were more of a meat and potatoes kind of family. I don’t even remember if my parents ever tried to feed me Zucchini. I’m sure it was available to us but I don’t think it was part of our recipe routines. I do remember that Cabbage, wax beans, and a few other fresh vegetables would occasionally make an appearance but not zucchini.
Fast forward to today and Zucchini appears on my dinner table at least once a week. Whether it’s in a salad, a casserole or just a simple side dish like this recipe, I make an effort to cook more with Zucchini. Don’t believe me? Check out my Delightful Walnut Raisin Zucchini Loaf or my Baked Chicken Zucchini Spaghetti Casserole.
Zucchini with Corn Skillet
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion Roughly Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Corn Oil
- 1 Sweet Banana Pepper Chopped
- 2 Large Tomatoes Peeled, Seeded and Chopped
- 1/2 Green Pepper Roughly Chopped
- 1/2 Red Pepper Roughly Chopped
- 3 Cups Corn Kernels Frozen
- 1 lb. Zucchini Chopped
- 1 Cup White Cheese Grated
how to make this recipe
- In a large skillet, fry the onions and the corn oil until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and peppers and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, cover and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add the frozen corn and cook until all the vegetables are al dente. Stir in cheese and serve.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.