The first time I made these BBQ Beef Muffins was for a Holiday potluck the family was having. Can you believe that I didn't even have a chance to have one as they were gone within minutes!
This recipe is super easy to make. And I mean easy. If you are able to brown meat, you can make these delicious appetizers. Heck they might even make a nice lunch or dinner as well.
My wife asked me to make this recipe using ground turkey instead. While I haven't gotten around to it yet, you would simply need to change some of the ingredients added to the ground beef.
While you can use whatever kind of canned biscuits you have on hand, I personally prefer the flavor and consistency of the flaky buttermilk biscuits for this recipe. But feel free to experiment. That's what it's all about!
🐄 How to Handle Raw Beef
Thaw raw ground beef on a plate on the lowest shelf of the refrigerator, to avoid dripping onto other foods.
Keep raw and ready-to-eat meats separate.
Wash hands thoroughly before and after handling raw ground beef. Wash cutting boards, bowls, and utensils used to prepare raw ground beef with hot soapy water and rinse well.
Use separate plates to carry raw ground beef patties to the cooking area and cooked patties to the serving area.
Use a Thermometer to ensure Ground Beef Reaches the Safely Cooked Internal Temperature of 160°F.
📋 Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this BBQ Beef Muffins recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Ground Beef, Buttermilk Biscuits, Salt, Ground Black Pepper, Worcestershire Sauce, Light Brown Sugar, Chili Powder, Ketchup, Apple Cider Vinegar and Cheddar Cheese.
🥣 How do I make these BBQ Beef Muffins
Preheat Oven to 375°F.
In a skillet, brown ground beef with Salt, Pepper and Worcestershire Sauce. Drain excess grease.
In a mixing bowl, mix ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar and chili powder. Add meat to the ketchup mixture and mix well.
Separate dough and press each into the bottom and up the sides of a greased muffin cup. Divide meat mixture into each biscuit lined muffin cups.
Sprinkle each muffin with cheese. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
Let cool 5 minutes before removing and serving.
BBQ Beef Muffins
- Muffin Pan
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 tablespoon Light Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Chili Powder
- ½ Cup Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 can Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Preheat Oven to 375°F.
- In a skillet, brown ground beef with Salt, Pepper and Worcestershire Sauce. Drain excess grease.
- In a mixing bowl, mix ketchup, brown sugar, cider vinegar and chili powder. Add meat to ketchup mixture and mix well.
- Separate dough and press each into the bottom and up the sides of a greased muffin cup. Divide meat mixture into each biscuit lined muffin cups.
- Sprinkle each muffin with cheese. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool 5 minutes before removing and serving.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.