A delicious BBQ Beef Sandwich recipe you can make in your slow cooker. Just make sure you give yourself enough time to make it!
BBQ. Did someone say BBQ? Doesn’t matter what we are BBQ’ing, I am in! But don’t get too excited about this recipe just yet. We aren’t really BBQ’ing anything. Sorry about that. BUT we are using a homemade BBQ sauce for these delicious BBQ Beef Sandwiches. Maybe one of these days I will figure out how to make the meat on a BBQ on low heat or a smoker. In the meantime, we will settle for the crockpot.
If you do plan on making this BBQ Beef Sandwiches recipe (you should be), make sure you read the recipe card below before you begin. While the prep time is pretty quick, it will take 8 to 9 hours to cook. I’ve made this recipe on HIGH and on LOW. I find that this recipe is best when cooked on low. Not that cooking the meat on High tastes bad, but we prefer the Low method best.
Not in the mood for BBQ Beef Sandwiches? Check out my other Sandwich & Wraps recipes here.
A Quick Note about Handling Raw Beef
Thaw raw ground beef on a plate on the lowest shelf of the refrigerator, to avoid drip onto other foods.
Keep raw and ready-to-eat meats separate.
Wash hands thoroughly before and after handling raw ground beef. Wash cutting boards, bowls, and utensils used to prepare raw ground beef with hot soapy water and rinse well.
Use separate plates to carry raw ground beef patties to the cooking area and cooked patties to the serving area.
Use a Thermometer to Insure Ground Beef Reaches the Safely Cooked Internal Temperature of 160°F.
How to make BBQ Beef Sandwiches.
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the roast and the bread.
Cut the roast in half. Place in a slow cooker. Pour ketchup mixture over roast.
Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours or until the meat is tender.
Remove the meat from the slow cooker and shred with two forks.
Skim fat from cooking juices. Return meat to the slow cooker and heat the meat in the sauce.
Using a slotted spoon, serve beef on your favorite buns.
BBQ Beef Sandwiches
- 2 Cups Ketchup
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Molasses
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Mustard
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes, Crushed
- 3 lbs Boneless Beef Chuck Roast
how to make this recipe
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the roast and the bread.
- Cut the roast in half. Place in a slow cooker. Pour ketchup mixture over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Remove the meat from the slow cooker and shred with two forks.
- Skim fat from cooking juices. Return meat to the slow cooker and heat the meat in the sauce.
- Using a slotted spoon, serve beef on your favorite buns.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.