Peppermint Bark is a popular treat in our family around the Holidays. I'm sure it's popular in many families. While not terribly expensive to buy, I figured how hard can it be to make? This Chocolate Peppermint Bark would be a fun recipe to make with the kids.
For this recipe, I decided to use white and milk chocolate for the base. I made mine fairly thin but If you like a thicker bark I would suggest using a smaller sheet. If you are not a fan of white chocolate you can use all dark chocolate.
I figured adding coarsely chopped peppermint patties in addition to the crushed candy canes would make the bark really pepperminty. It might be a little much for some so you can leave out the peppermint patties all together and just use the candy canes.
Make sure you check out my collection of Dessert Recipes while you are visiting. If you have leftover white chocolate and candy canes, why don't you give my Peppermint White Hot Chocolate a try? You won't be disappointed!
Never heard of Peppermint Bark? Then you should read this article on Wiki about Peppermint Bark.
For more great recipes like this one, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this Chocolate Peppermint Bark: Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, White Chocolate Chips, Candy Canes and Peppermint Patties.
🥣 How do I Make this Chocolate Peppermint Bark
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place semi-sweet chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl or glass measuring cup. Microwave in 15-second intervals until almost melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Repeat with white chocolate.
Alternate spoonfuls of melted chocolates close together on the prepared sheet. Draw a knife tip through chocolate mixtures to create a marbled effect. Large swirls look better than small ones.
Drape a kitchen towel on the counter and firmly tap the bottom of the pan on the towel to smooth the surface of the chocolate and remove any air bubbles. Sprinkle with the candy cane and peppermint patties, pressing lightly into chocolate.
Refrigerate until firm, 30 to 45 minutes. Break into large pieces.
Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- 1 ½ Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, finely chopped
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Candy Canes, coarsely crushed
- 4 Peppermint Patties, coarsely chopped
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place semi-sweet chocolate in a microwave safe bowl or glass measuring cup. Microwave in 15 second intervals until almost melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Repeat with white chocolate.
- Alternate spoonfuls of melted chocolates close together on prepared sheet. Draw a knife tip through chocolate mixtures to create a marbled effect. Large swirls look better than small ones.
- Drape a kitchen towel on counter and firmly tap bottom of pan on towel to smooth surface of chocolates. Sprinkle with candy cane and peppermint patties, pressing lightly into chocolate.
- Refrigerate until firm, 30 to 45 minutes. Break into large pieces.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.