This Christmas Candy Cane Pie is not only easy to make but is a delicious dessert after your Christmas dinner! If you love mint-flavored desserts then this one is for you!
The one thing you need to be mindful of if you plan on making this candy cane pie is that it does need at least 8 hours in the refrigerator to firm up so plan ahead. Ideally, you should make it the day before. This step is important so don't take any shortcuts!
If you aren't in the mood for making your own whipped topping using heavy whipping cream, you can substitute for some pre-made whipped topping (aka. Cool Whip). Using pre-made whipped topping will not drastically change the flavor of this wonderful Christmas pie.
You are probably wondering what this Christmas pie tastes like. Well the fluffy filling is similar to gelatine. Not quite a mousse and not quite like a cheesecake. Very hard to describe. Very fluffy though. You will need to make it yourself to see what it's really like.
For more great recipes like this one, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this Christmas Candy Cane Pie recipe: Marshmallows, Whole Milk, Vanilla Extract, Salt, Peppermint Extract, Red Food Coloring, Candy Canes, Heavy Whipping Cream and a Chocolate Pie Crust.
🥣 How do I Make this Christmas Candy Cane Pie
In a large saucepan, combine marshmallows and milk over low heat. Cook and stir until marshmallows are melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
Stir in vanilla extract, salt, peppermint extract and food coloring. Cool for 30 minutes, stirring several times.
Stir in 2 tablespoons crushed candy canes. Fold in whipped topping.
Spoon the mixture into the chocolate pie crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
Just before serving, sprinkle with more crushed candy canes.
Christmas Candy Cane Pie
- 24 large Marshmallows
- ½ Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- ⅛ Tsp Salt
- 6 drops Peppermint Extract
- 6 drops Red Food Coloring
- 2 Tbsp Candy Canes, crushed
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream, whipped
- 1 Chocolate Pie Crust
- In a large saucepan, combine marshmallows and milk over low heat. Cook and stir until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla extract, salt, peppermint extract and food coloring. Cool 30 minutes, stirring several times.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons crushed candy canes. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon the mixture into the chocolate pie crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with more crushed candy canes.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.