These Peanut Butter Cupcakes remind me a bit of my Chunky Monkey Muffins recipe. Packed full of peanut flavor.
Like most cupcake recipes out there, this one uses ingredients you would expect except possibly the cream of tartar. You should have everything else on hand if you bake regularly.
💭 Ingredient Substitution
You can use an equal amount of vegetable shortening instead of the butter. I've made this recipe using both and they always turn out fantastic.
My wife didn't know I was making these cupcakes for her and when she walked into the house she asked if I made her some peanut butter cookies. That's how good these cupcakes smell!
I recommend you use your favorite brand of creamy peanut butter for this recipe. While you can use a chunky-style peanut butter, it will alter the overall texture of the cupcakes.
While not necessary, I suggest finishing these cupcakes with your favorite frosting. I have found that a chocolate frosting pairs greater with these peanut butter cupcakes.
🥜 Nut Allergies
This recipe may contain peanuts or other nuts and seeds as one of its ingredients. Please take the appropriate precautions.
For more great recipes made with Peanut Butter, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make these Peanut Butter Cupcakes: Light Brown Sugar, Unsalted Butter, Peanut Butter, Eggs, Milk, Vanilla Extract, All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, Cream of Tartar and Salt.
🥣 How to make Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream the brown sugar, unsalted butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
In a small bowl, combine the all purpose flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Stir into the cupcake batter alternating with the milk.
Spoon into the prepared muffin cups.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the top of the cupcakes spring back when lightly pressed and a toothpick comes out clean.
Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Bowl for Mixing
- Muffin Pan
- Hand Mixer
- 2 Cups Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ½ Cups Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the brown sugar, unsalted butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, combine the all purpose flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Stir into the cupcake batter alternating with the milk.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin cups filling each about ¾ full.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Optionally frost the cupcakes with your favorite frosting.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.
I loved these peanut butter cupcakes. They were so moist even the second day. The top was crunchy but the inside was very moist.