I was preparing a meal plan for a camping trip and needed to come up with a quick dessert that didn't require any work once I was at my destination. These Golden Surprise Bars are super easy to make and were a hit with everyone!
Cooking time will vary based on your equipment so make sure they don't burn. Play it safe and check them at the 20-minute mark and track from there.
🥜 Nut Allergies
This recipe may contain peanuts or other nuts and seeds as one of its ingredients. Please take the appropriate precautions.
For more great recipes like this one, you should check out my delicious collection of Dessert Recipes. My Rich Lemon Bars Recipe is another easy to make and yummy Bar Recipe. You should also check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make these Golden Surprise Bars: Unsalted Butter, Light Brown Sugar, White Sugar, Eggs, Vanilla Extract, All Purpose Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, Milk Chocolate Chips, White Chocolate Baking Chips and Macadamia Nuts.
🥣 How to make these Golden Surprise Bars
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy.
Add in eggs and vanilla and beat well. Gradually add in flour, baking powder, and salt and mix well.
Fold in chocolate chips, white chips, and macadamia nuts.
Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan and spread out evenly.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Let bars cool and cut into bars.
Golden Surprise Bars
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ¾ Cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Baking Chips
- ¾ Cup Macadamia Nuts, Chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and beat well. Gradually add in flour, baking powder, and salt and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips, white chips, and macadamia nuts.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let bars cool and cut into bars.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.