I wanted to do something a little different to garnish my fries so decided to give this Cheese French Fry Topping recipe a shot from Celebrity Chef Rachael Ray.
Some of you are probably thinking why would I want to put a cheese sauce on my french fries? Well putting cheese on fries is not a new thing.
Think Chili Cheese Fries or the now-famous Authentic Canadian Poutine.
But you are not limited to using this cheese sauce on your french fries. You can also use it for dipping your fries, pretzels or even chicken tenders. You can even use it as a topping on your burgers.
💭 Ingredient Substitution
The original recipe calls for Sharp Cheddar Cheese but you can use a medium or mild cheddar cheese.
📋 Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this Cheese French Fry Topping recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Unsalted Butter, All Purpose Flour, Milk, Salt & Pepper, Sharp Cheddar Cheese and Yellow Mustard.
🥣 How to Make Cheese French Fry Topping
In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Add the milk and cook until thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the cheddar cheese and whisk until the cheese is completely melted.
Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the mustard.
Drizzle the sauce over french fries or use it as a dipping sauce.
Rachael's Cheese French Fry Topping
- 3 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 2 tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- 1 ¼ cups Milk
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Yellow Mustard
- 28 oz Frozen French Fries
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Add the milk and cook until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the cheddar cheese and whisk until the cheese is completely melted.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the mustard.
- Drizzle the sauce over french fries or use as a dipping sauce.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.