When you think about it, who doesn’t like caramel and chocolate? Layer that over a shortbread base and you have heaven! Personally I like my bars to be nice and thick. But if you prefer a thinner bar, simply use a larger baking pan.
- 2/3 Cup Butter, Softened
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 2 Tbsp Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/4 Cups Milk Chocolate Chips
How to make this Recipe
- Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine 2/3 Cup butter, white sugar and flour until the mixture is crumbly.
- Press mixture into a 9 inch square baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- In a saucepan, combine 1/2 Cup butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and sweetened condensed milk. Bring to a boil and continue to boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat and using a wooden spoon, continuously mix for about 3 minutes. Pour mixture on crust. Let cool in refrigerator until the mixture is firm.
- Place milk chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute. Stir and continue to heat and stir every 20 seconds until the chocolate is smooth.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.