This Bacon Jalapeño Mac & Cheese is Spicy and Cheesy. I love spicy but this recipe is so versatile you can omit the Jalapeños to your liking
I love spicy food. I also like gourmet Mac & Cheese dishes. So why wouldn’t I like this Bacon Jalapeño Mac & Cheese recipe? What I really like about this recipe is that you can easily control the heat by modifying the number of jalapeños you add. Want less spicy, fewer jalapeños. Want more heat, add more jalapeños! That simple.
This Mac & Cheese is packed with flavor and a sidekick of heat! If you don’t like spicy food, you can completely omit the jalapeños. I’ve never made it without the jalapeños but I’m sure it would turn out great. Only thing is you will be missing out for sure!
Wear disposable gloves when handling Hot Peppers.
The capsaicin in hot peppers is what makes peppers hot. If you handle hot peppers gloveless, it’s a guarantee that you’re in for a nasty case of chili burn, both on your fingers and anywhere you rub. Like your face. Ouch!
Even if you wear disposable gloves, be careful about what you touch. The gloves are going to protect your fingers, but touching any part of your body with the gloves after you’ve handled hot peppers can lead to severe chili burn. Resist the temptation to rub your eyes. Wait until you’ve removed your gloves and washed your hands thoroughly with soap.
How to Make Bacon Jalapeños Mac & Cheese.
1- Place oil, onion, jalapeños, and garlic into a large skillet and sauté over medium heat until the onions are translucent and fragrant.
2- Meanwhile, bring a pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add your macaroni noodles and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
3- Place the milk and cheese into the skillet and whisk until the cheese has melted approximately 10 minutes.
4- Season with salt and pepper.
5- Mix your macaroni noodles into your sauce until well combined.
6- Add the crushed crackers and bacon pieces on top. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
Bacon Jalapeños Mac & Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 1 Jalapeño(s), Finely Diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 16 oz Macaroni
- 2 Cups Milk
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, Softened
- 8 oz Sharp Cheddar, Shredded
- 1 Pkg Bacon, Cooked and Diced
- 1 Sleeve Soda Crackers, Finely Crushed
- Salt & Pepper, to Taste
how to make this recipe
- Place oil, onion, jalapeños, and garlic into a large skillet and sauté over medium heat until the onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add your macaroni noodles and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Place the milk and cheese into the skillet and whisk until the cheese has melted, approximately 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix your macaroni noodles into your sauce until well combined.
- Add the crushed crackers and bacon pieces on top. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.