This is a superb Chocolate Chip Loaf. Great with your morning coffee, as a snack or for dessert! It really doesn't matter when you have it.
This Chocolate Chip loaf is superb. It’s so good, my mom makes this recipe at least once a month. She told me it tastes even better with cherries! I need to try adding cherries next time.
I decided to make this recipe with walnuts, but you can essentially use any type of nuts or omit them completely if you have a nut allergy. In any case, no matter how you decide to make it, it will be delicious.
Personally, I like a piece of this chocolate chip loaf with my coffee in the morning but my wife likes it any time of the day! Yes, it’s that good!
If you really like Walnuts, make sure you check out this recipe: Walnut Raisin Zucchini Loaf.
If it’s the chocolate chips that you like, make sure you try my Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. Delish!
How to Make this Chocolate Chip Loaf.
1- Preheat oven to 350°F.
2- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, and brown sugar. Add beaten eggs and mix well.
3- Combine the juice from the orange with milk to total 1 Cup. This should be approximately 1/4 cup of orange juice and 3/4 cup of milk.
4- Add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
5- Add vanilla extract and mix. Fold in chocolate chips, cherries, and walnuts (optional).
6- Pour batter in a greased loaf ban. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7- Let the loaf cool before serving.
Chocolate Chip Loaf
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Egg(s), Beaten
- 1 Orange
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 6 oz Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Cherries, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts, Chopped
how to make this recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add beaten eggs and mix well.
- Combine the juice from the orange with milk to total 1 Cup. This should be approximately 1/4 cup of orange juice and 3/4 cup of milk.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add vanilla extract and mix. Fold in chocolate chips, cherries and walnuts (optional).
- Pour batter in a greased loaf ban. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let loaf cool before serving.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.