This Chocolate Chip loaf is superb. It's so good, my mom makes this recipe at least once a month. She told me it tastes even better with cherries! I need to try adding cherries next time.
I decided to make this recipe with walnuts, but you can essentially use any type of nuts or omit them completely if you have a nut allergy. In any case, no matter how you decide to make it, it will be delicious.
I like a piece of this chocolate chip loaf with my coffee in the morning, but my wife likes it any time of the day! Yes, it's that good! We even have a slice for dessert!
🥜 Nut Allergies
This recipe may contain peanuts or other nuts and seeds as one of its ingredients. Please take the appropriate precautions.
The use of dried cherries or walnuts is totally optional. Depending on my mood or who I will be sharing with I sometimes leave them out. Totally up to you. But don't forget the chocolate chips as they are the most important part of this recipe!
Another great option is my Honey Raisin Loaf with Walnuts. Absolutely delicious!
For more great recipes with Orange Juice, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this Chocolate Chip Loaf recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Unsalted Butter, Light Brown Sugar, Eggs, Orange, Milk, Salt, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, All Purpose Flour, Vanilla Extract, Chocolate Chips and optionally Dried Cherries and Walnuts.
🥣 How to Make Chocolate Chip Loaf
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, and brown sugar. Add the beaten eggs and vanilla extract and mix well.
Combine the juice from the orange with milk to total 1 Cup. This should be approximately ¼ cup of orange juice and ¾ cup of milk. Add to the egg mixture.
Add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
Fold in chocolate chips, and optionally the cherries and walnuts.
Pour the batter into a greased loaf ban. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let the loaf cool for 10 minutes or so before moving it to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
Chocolate Chip Loaf
- Loaf Pan
- Bowl for Mixing
- Hand Mixer
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- ¼ Cup Fresh Orange Juice
- ¾ Cup Milk
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 6 oz Chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup Cherries, chopped
- ½ Cup Walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, and brown sugar. Add the beaten eggs and vanilla extract and mix well.½ Cup Unsalted Butter, 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar, 2 Eggs, 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Combine the juice from the orange with milk to total 1 Cup. This should be approximately ¼ cup of orange juice and ¾ cup of milk. Add to the egg mixture.¼ Cup Fresh Orange Juice, ¾ Cup Milk
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix well.½ teaspoon Salt, ½ teaspoon Baking Soda, 1 teaspoon Baking Powder, 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- Fold in chocolate chips, and optionally the cherries and walnuts.6 oz Chocolate Chips, ½ Cup Cherries, ½ Cup Walnuts
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf ban. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool for 10 minutes or so before moving it to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.
My oh my. What a delicious loaf. The recipe was very easy to make. The only adjustment I made was to omit the nuts and added a little more chocolate chips because my family love chocolate chips. It turned out very moist and did not last very long. A very good recipe