Not too long ago, I was asked to cater a family event for a few dozen people. I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to bring to the party but needed some inspiration. This BBQ Bacon Cheese Ball recipe was inspired by all the other Cheese Ball recipes floating around the internet.
While this cheese ball recipe is easy to make, it does require a couple of hours in the refrigerator for it to set. So make sure you plan accordingly. You can't wait till the last minute for this one!
🥓 How to Make Bacon
If you struggle to make bacon perfectly, I've put together a short tutorial on How to Make Perfect Bacon - 3 Ways. Check it out! My preferred method is baking it in the oven.
And don't throw away that bacon grease! Bacon is expensive and the grease is great for making Scrambled Eggs, Grilled Cheese, Popcorn and even hash browns. It can keep up to 3 months if properly stored in the refrigerator.
For more great recipes like this one, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this BBQ Bacon Cheese Ball Appetizer: Bacon, Green Onions, Cream Cheese, Sharp Cheddar Cheese, BBQ Sauce, Toasted Pecans and Salt & Pepper.
🥣 How to Make this BBQ Bacon Cheese Ball
In a large mixing bowl, combine half the bacon, half the green onions, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and BBQ sauce.
Mix until all ingredients are well combined. Salt to taste.
Form a ball with the mixture and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until mostly firm, approximately 1 to 2 hours.
Put remaining ingredients on a plate and combine using fingers.
Unwrap cheese ball and gently roll the ball around until it is coated with bacon mixture.
Serve immediately or wrap and refrigerate.
BBQ Bacon Cheese Ball
- 6 Strips Bacon, Cooked & Chopped
- 4 Green Onions, Diced
- 16 oz Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- ⅓ Cup BBQ Sauce
- ¼ Cup Toasted Pecans, Chopped
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine half the bacon, half the green onions, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and BBQ sauce.
- Mix until all ingredients are well combined. Salt to taste.
- Form a ball with mixture and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until mostly firm, approximately 1 to 2 hours.
- Put remaining ingredients on a plate and combine using fingers.
- Unwrap cheese ball and gently roll the ball around until it is coated with bacon mixture.
- Serve immediately or wrap and refrigerate.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.