I love Chili Verde and love enchiladas so why not combine both of them. This enchilada recipe is super easy to make and ready in less than 45 minutes.
You can use either a pork tenderloin or a pork loin for this recipe. While they are not the same cut of meat, they will taste the same.
A pork tenderloin is a long, narrow and boneless cut of meat with very little fat while a pork loin is wider and flatter, usually has a fat cap.
If you've ever wondered what part of the pig the Loin comes from check out the picture below. Surprised?
For the cheese, I like to use Monterey Jack cheese but you can substitute for almost any other kind of cheese that melts well. A Mexican blend cheese, Oaxaca cheese or even a nice Fontina cheese would pair nicely with this enchilada recipe.
Warm the tortillas in the microwave or oven before rolling the enchiladas. This will make them more pliable and easier to roll. It will also prevent the tortillas from cracking or splitting open which will mess up your enchiladas.
How to Soften Tortillas
When the time comes to warm up your tortillas, you have a few options. You can wrap the tortillas in foil and bake them for 10 minutes at 350°F.
You can also put them in a non-stick pan to heat both sides of the tortilla (this is how I usually do it), heat them over an open flame, or if you must, wrap them in a damp paper towel and microwave them for about 30 seconds.
Did you know you can also have enchiladas for breakfast thanks to my Easy Breakfast Enchiladas recipe?
Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this Chili Verde Enchiladas recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Pork Tenderloin, All Purpose Flour, Black Beans, Green Chilies, Monterey Jack Cheese, Flour Tortillas and Green Enchilada Sauce.
How to make Chili Verde Enchiladas
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Put the flour in a ziploc bag. Put the cubed pork in the bag and shake to coat the pork cubes in flour.
In a large skillet, heat a little olive oil and cook pork until slightly brown.
In a mixing bowl, combine the pork, black beans, green chilies and 1 Cup of cheese. Set aside.
Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish. Spread 1 Cup of the green enchilada sauce in the bottom of the baking dish.
Roll up the pork mixture inside the tortillas. Place them seam side down in the bottom of the baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce on top of enchiladas, add more cheese to the top of the enchiladas.
Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and starting to brown.
Printable Recipe Card
Chili Verde Enchiladas
- Baking Dish
- 2 lbs Pork Tenderloin, diced and trimmed of fat
- ¼ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 15 oz Black Beans, rinsed & drained
- 4 oz Green Chilies
- 2 Cups Monterey Jack Cheese
- 6 Flour Tortillas, or more if needed
- 2 Cups Green Enchilada Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Put the flour in a ziploc bag. Put the cubed pork in the bag and shake to coat the pork cubes in flour.
- In a large skillet, heat a little olive oil and cook pork until slightly brown.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pork, black beans, green chilies and 1 cup of cheese.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish. Spread 1 Cup of the green sauce in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Roll up the pork mixture inside the tortillas. Place them seam side down in the bottom of the baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce on top of enchiladas, add more cheese to the top of the enchiladas.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and starting to brown.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.