You can have these Fantastic Bourbon Meatballs as an appetizer, with pasta or for meatball sandwiches.
There's nothing like some good meatballs except maybe a good bourbon. There are so many ways to make meatballs and this time I made this Fantastic Bourbon Meatball recipe I got from a friend of mine.
I wasn't sure if I would serve them as cocktail meatballs, use them in pasta or in a sandwich. So I tried it all three ways. They were all delicious but having them in slider with cheese was delish!
These bourbon meatballs are just superb. You should have almost all the ingredients in your pantry minus the ground beef and pork. If you don't have any chili vinegar (very hard to find), I would suggest using Apple Cider Vinegar. I suggest you use a bit less than the recipe calls for if you are using ACV.
When I made this meatball recipe, I used about half of the meatballs as an appetizer, then made some sliders with the rest of them. If I had enough meatballs leftover, I would've used them in my next pasta dish. Turns out I didn't.
Please keep in mind that the Bourbon Sauce in this recipe contains alcohol. Make sure you read our notes below. While most of the alcohol will burn off during the cooking process, we cannot guarantee that this recipe will be alcohol-free!
🐄 How to Handle Raw Beef
Thaw raw ground beef on a plate on the lowest shelf of the refrigerator, to avoid drip onto other foods.
Keep raw and ready-to-eat meats separate.
Wash hands thoroughly before and after handling raw ground beef. Wash cutting boards, bowls, and utensils used to prepare raw ground beef with hot soapy water and rinse well.
Use separate plates to carry raw ground beef patties to the cooking area and cooked patties to the serving area.
Use a Thermometer to ensure Ground Beef Reaches the Safely Cooked Internal Temperature of 160°F.
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make these Fantastic Bourbon Meatballs: Ground Beef, Ground Pork, Saltine Crackers, Yellow Onion, Salt, Eggs, Ground Black Pepper, Apricot Preserves, Light Brown Sugar, Chili Vinegar, Bourbon, BBQ Sauce and Water.
🥣 How to make these Fantastic Bourbon Meatballs
Put the meatball ingredients in a large mixing bowl, breaking up the meat as you put it in. Mix together, using the tips of your fingers to gently combine everything without compacting the meal.
Form into small 1 inch balls. I use a small scoop to make them nice and uniform.
Transfer the meatballs to a baking sheet, and bake for about 15 minutes, until cooked through. Check with a thermometer. It should read 160 degrees.
🍳 Recipe Card
Fantastic Bourbon Meatballs
- 3/4 lbs Ground Beef
- 3/4 lbs Ground Pork
- 1/2 Cup Saltine Crackers, finely crushed
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Egg(s)
- 1/2 Tbsp Ground Black Pepper
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Put the meatball ingredients in a large mixing bowl, breaking up the meat as you put it in. Mix together, using the tips of your fingers to gently combine everything without compacting the meal.
- Form into small 1 inch balls. I use a small scoop to make them nice and uniform.
- Transfer the meatballs to a baking sheet, and bake for about 15 minutes, until cooked through. Check with a thermometer. It should read 160 degrees.
Make Bourbon Sauce
- Combine all the bourbon sauce ingredients in a medium heavy pot and bring to a simmer. Simmer gently for about 10 minutes until thick.
- Place cooked meatballs into the sauce, and let heat through until ready to serve.
- Serve on a plate with toothpicks, a drizzle of sauce, and lots of napkins. Serve a bowl of sauce on the side for extra dipping. Or serve in a chafer or crockpot.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.