What really makes this Grilled Chicken Sandwich recipe over the top is the Olive Aioli which is made with some of my Greek Olive Tapenade.
I strongly recommend you make the olive tapenade before making the sandwiches. Obviously, you don't have to but it will make it quicker and easier when you assemble the sandwiches.
Many of the ingredients for this grilled chicken sandwich can be substituted for other ingredients according to your preference.
As an example, you can substitute the provolone cheese with some slices of fontina or mozzarella, or substitute the baby arugula for some lettuce.
If you are pressed for time you can also use some pre-cooked frozen chicken breasts instead of having to cook the chicken for these sandwiches. Just make sure you take the necessary precautions.
🐓 How to Handle Raw Chicken
Leave the chicken in the fridge until ready to use.
Be careful of dripping juices. Clean up immediately.
Do not wash raw chicken (which prevents cross-contamination).
Wash all utensils and cutting boards (if applicable).
If marinating the chicken, make sure you toss the juices before you cook. Don't ever use the juice from the marinade.
Wash your hands after handling raw chicken.
📋 Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this Grilled Chicken Sandwich recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Chicken Breasts, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Salt, Ground Black Pepper, Greek Olive Tapenade, Mayonnaise, Fresh Lemon Juice, Ciabatta Rolls, Provolone Cheese and Baby Arugula.
🥣 How to make Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Coat the chicken with olive oil, salt and pepper. In a skillet or a grill cook the chicken for approximately 12 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
In a small bowl, combine the olive tapenade with the mayonnaise and lemon juice to create the olive aioli.
Spread the aioli mixture on the top and bottom cut surfaces of the ciabatta rolls.
Add the grilled chicken and top with a slice of cheese and some arugula.
Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Olive Aioli
- BBQ / Grill
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ Cup Greek Olive Tapenade
- 2 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 Ciabatta Rolls, sliced
- 4 slices Provolone Cheese
- 1 Cup Baby Arugula
- Coat the chicken with olive oil, salt and pepper. In a skillet or a grill cook the chicken for approximately 12 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.4 Chicken Breasts, 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tablespoon Salt, 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the olive tapenade with the mayonnaise and lemon juice to create the olive aioli.¼ Cup Greek Olive Tapenade, 2 tablespoon Mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- Spread the aioli mixture on the top and bottom cut surfaces of the ciabatta rolls.4 Ciabatta Rolls
- Add the grilled chicken and top with a slice of cheese and some arugula.4 slices Provolone Cheese, 1 Cup Baby Arugula
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.