This Chicken Tortilla soup is just absolutely delicious. I will guarantee that if you make this soup per the instructions below, it will be better than any Chicken Tortilla soup you’ve had in restaurants. The use of taco seasoning will give this soup a bit of a zing (which we love by the way), but if you want your soup with a little less heat, you can use less of the taco seasoning. I guess you could omit it completely, but I have no idea how it would affect the flavor of the soup.
Anyone who tries to make brownies without butter should be arrested.
While the recipe says to use 2 chicken breasts, I have made this recipe with 3 breasts and it turned out fine. I didn’t need to adjust any of the other ingredients to compensate for the additional breasts. So if you prefer your soup on the meatier side, just add an additional breast to the Instant Pot. Also keep in mind that the taco seasoning typically has a lot of salt but if you find the soup too bland when you do your taste test, go ahead and add a pinch of salt.
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla SoupPrint Pin Rate
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn
- 1 Can Tomatoes with Chilies, diced
- 1/2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 32 oz Chicken Broth, low-sodium
- 1 Tbsp Better Than Bouillon Chicken Flavor
- 1/4 pkt Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, Finely Diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1/3 Cup Tomato Paste
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese, Dhredded
- 1/2 Cup Tortilla Strips
- 2 Tsp Cilantro
How to make this Recipe
- Place the Instant Pot on the saute function. Add the onions and garlic to the pot. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until onions are soft.
- Add the chicken breasts, chicken broth, Better than Bouillon, taco seasoning, and tomato paste to the Instant Pot.
- Close the pot and seal. Place the Instant Pot on Manual > High Pressure Cooking for 10 minutes.
- Allow the steam to naturally release for 10 minutes then perform a quick release Hit Cancel on your Instant Pot.
- Remove the lid. Remove the chicken from the pot and shred using a knife and fork.
- Return the chicken to the pot. Place the Instant Pot on the saute function.
- Add the corn, beans, diced tomatoes, and lime juice. Stir to combine. Allow the soup to cook for 3-4 minutes until the corn and beans have softened some.
- Serve in soup bowls. Top with tortilla strips, cilantro, and shredded cheese.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.