When I am asked to make some kind of baked good for some sort of event, this Caramel Banana Bread is always at the top of the list. I’m not quite sure what it is about this recipe that drives everyone nuts and keep asking for more. Is it the consistency or the sweetness? I’ve never really figured it out. All I can say is if you make this Caramel Banana Bread recipe, you will be asked to make it over and over again.
Caramel Banana BreadPrint Pin Rate
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup Caramel Ice Cream Topping
How to make this Recipe
- Preheat Oven to 325F. Grease loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and both sugars until creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each one.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas. Add milk and ground cinnamon and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the banana mixture to the creamed butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Fold in dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix gently until flour disappears.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Pour caramel sauce over the top of the batter and swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let loaf pan cool for 15 minutes before removing bread. Let bread cool completely on wire rack before cutting. You can drizzle more caramel if desired.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.