These Spicy Chipotle Turkey Burgers are a must if you love Chipotle. Be warned though, these burgers are HOT!
We love Turkey Burgers. So much so that we eat them at least once a week. We mostly eat the Jennie-O pre-made patties but every now and then, it’s nice to make them from scratch. This time around, I made a big batch of this Spicy Chipotle Turkey Burger mixture and used my vacuum sealer to freeze some of the patties so I could use them down the road.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
It’s important to let the mixture rest a few hours to let all the flavors meld together. This step is not mandatory but trust me, it’s worth the wait. I like to make the patties ahead of time, freeze them, and bring them on my camping trips to BBQ on the grill. When it comes time to make the patties, you can do it by hand or use a patty mold so all of your patties turn out the same size. If you are not OCD like I am, you can just eyeball it and call it a day.
When it comes time for you to pick your toppings for these Spicy Chipotle Turkey Burgers, you can obviously use whatever you want but personally, I love Blue Cheese so it was a no brainer for me to use my Blue Cheese Herb Spread all over this bad boy. If you are not in the mood or don’t like the taste of Blue Cheese, you can slap a dollop of mayonnaise and a little sriracha. Yes, it will have a little kick to it but that’s how I roll.
Spicy Chipotle Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb Ground Turkey Extra Lean
- 1 Garlic Clove Minced
- 1 Tbsp Chipotles in Adobo Sauce Puréed
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
how to make this recipe
- In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together until well incorporated. Let the turkey mixture sit in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Form 4 patties with the turkey mixture. Make a dent with your thumb in the bottom side of each patty.
- Put the patty dent side down and grill over medium-high heat. Don’t press on the burgers. Flip after a few minutes and cook through until no longer pink.
- Serve on a bun with your favorite condiment. If you like Blue Cheese, I would suggest my Blue Cheese Spread.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.