I don’t mind a good Velveeta Mac & Cheese in a pinch. But nothing compares to a homemade gourmet Mac & Cheese. This favorite has Blue Cheese and Bacon!
I love gourmet Mac & Cheese dishes. There are so many ways to modify your basic Mac & Cheese. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind a good Velveeta Mac & Cheese in a pinch. But nothing compares to a homemade gourmet Mac & Cheese.
No matter what the recipe, any baker can do wonders in the kitchen with some good ingredients and an upbeat attitude!
For this Mac & Cheese, I decided to use Blue Cheese as the main ingredient. I realize not everyone cares for the taste (or smell!) of Blue Cheese but this Mac & Cheese tastes awesome! Plus it has bacon and we all know everything tastes better with Bacon!
Blue Cheese Bacon Mac & Cheese
- 16 oz Penne Pasta
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 6 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 10 oz Blue Cheese
- 1 lb Bacon Cooked and Crumbled
- Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- 1/2 Sleeve Soda Crackers
how to make this recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9 x 13 dish and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add penne pasta and cook al dente according to the directions on the package. Drain and set aside.
- In another pot, bring milk and cream to a boil then reduce to low heat.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, metal butter, whisk in flour for 5 minutes. Add milk mixture and mix well.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in 3/4 of the Blue Cheese and mix well until cheese has melted.
- Add bacon and penne pasta to cheese mixture and toss.
- Pour pasta mixture into greased baking dish and top with remaining Blue Cheese and crushed crackers.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbling.
- Top with pepper and serve.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.