This is not the first time I make deep-fried pickles. Not too long ago I made these Oven Fried Pickles. They were delicious and a hit with all my guess.
I still had some pickles leftover in the fridge so I decided to put them to good use and make these Copycat Disney Fried Pickles.
The ingredients and process used to make this fried pickle recipe is very similar to my other recipe. I mean how many different ways can you make fried pickles?
🥛 Buttermilk Substitution
If you don't have Buttermilk on hand, you can use this trick as a substitute: Add one tablespoon of lemon juice to a measuring cup. Add milk and fill to the 1 cup measurement line. Stir the mixture together and let sit for 5 minutes.
Another option is to use a cultured buttermilk blend. All you need to do is add water. I was very skeptical at first but in a pinch it works great!
My good friend Wendy and her family are hardcore Disney fans. I mean like season passes and monthly visits to the theme park type of hardcore fan.
Needless to say, she has had a lot of their food over the years so she is my official taste tester for all my Disneyland copycat recipes!
I'm also including a simple dipping sauce to go along with the pickles. Nothing special about it. Just a creamy dill flavored sauce. If you are not a fan of this type of sauce you could substitute for some ranch dressing.
⭐ Copycat Rating
Since the goal of a Copycat Recipe is for it to taste exactly like the original, it's only natural to rate this recipe against the original. This Copycat recipe rates a solid 7 out of 10 in my opinion.
💭 Deep Frying Oils
When it comes to Deep Frying food you want to choose an oil that has a high smoke point and neutral in flavor so it won't affect the flavor of whatever you are frying. Vegetable Oil, Corn Oil, Canola Oil and Peanut Oil are some of the more popular and affordable options.
For more great appetizers like this one, I suggest you check out my Crunchy Mozzarella Sticks, my Mexican Egg Rolls, my Baked Cream Cheese and Bacon Wontons or my awesome Peanut Butter Turkey Meatballs.
📋 Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this Copycat Fried Pickles recipe from Disney (see recipe card for quantities): Dill Pickle Spears, Panko Bread Crumbs, Parmesan Cheese, Fresh Parsley, Eggs.
You will need the following ingredients to make the dipping sauce (see recipe card for quantities): Mayonnaise, Buttermilk, Chives, Parsley, Fresh Dill, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt, Ground Black Pepper.
🥣 How to make Disney Fried Pickles
Place pickles on paper towels to absorb the liquid.
In a medium bowl stir to combine the bread crumbs, cheese and parsley.
In a small bowl add the eggs and lightly beat.
Dip the pickle spears in the egg mixture then evenly coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Repeat for each pickle spear. Set aside for 10 minutes.
In a large saucepan, heat oil to 375°F. Make sure you use enough oil to be able to completely submerge the pickle spear.
Fry 3 to 5 minutes or until they are golden brown. Do not overcook.
Place fried pickles on paper towels to absorb any leftover oil.
🥣 How do I make the Dipping Sauce
In a mixing bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and mix until smooth. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Copycat Disney Fried Pickles
- Deep Fryer
For the Fried Pickles
- 24 oz Dill Pickle Spears
- 2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 2 Large Eggs, lightly beaten
- Canola Oil, for deep frying
For the Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley Flakes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Dill, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
For the Fried Pickles
- Place pickles on paper towels to absorb the liquid.
- In a medium bowl stir to combine the bread crumbs, cheese and parsley.
- In a small bowl add the eggs and lightly beat.
- Dip the pickle spears in the egg mixture then evenly coat with the bread crumb mixture. Repeat for each pickle spear. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil to 375°F. Make sure you use enough oil to be able to completely submerge the pickle spear.
- Fry 3 to 5 minutes or until they are golden brown. Do not overcook.
- Place fried pickles on paper towels to absorb any leftover oil.
For the Dipping Sauce
- In a mixing bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and mix until smooth. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.