This Texas Salsa is simply delicious! All the ingredients you come to expect in a salsa. Unlike some of my other Salsa Recipes, this one is not spicy.
Whenever you use black beans in a recipe, make sure you rinse them really well before combining them with the other ingredients. I usually rinse them in a colander and rinse until the water runs clear, shaking the colander occasionally to make sure the beans on the bottom get rinsed.
To ensure you get the maximum flavor out of this salsa it's important to let the salsa rest in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. That doesn't mean you can't eat it before then but it takes about 1 hour for the red wine vinaigrette to meld with the rest of the ingredients.
🥑 How to Pick the Perfect Avocado
Choosing the wrong avocado will ruin your dish. Especially when the avocado is the main ingredient like in Guacamole. Basically you want a perfectly ripe Avocado. This is a great article on how to select the perfect avocado.
🎥 How to cut an Avocado
For more great recipes like this one, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this Delicious Texas Salsa: Black Beans, Sweet Corn, Tomatoes, Avocados, Red Onion, Fresh Cilantro, Red Wine Vinegar, Lime Juice, Olive Oil, Salt, Ground Black Pepper and Tortilla Chips.
🥣 How do I make Delicious Texas Salsa
In a large bowl, stir together the black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocados, onion and cilantro.
In a small bowl, whisk together red wine vinegar, lime juice, oil, salt and black pepper.
Pour the vinegar mixture over the bean mixture. Stir to blend.
Cover and chill for about 1 hour before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
Delicious Texas Salsa
- 30 oz Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz Sweet Corn, drained
- 2 Tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 Avocados, pitted and diced
- ½ Red Onion, coarsely chopped
- ¼ Cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Tortilla Chips
- In a large bowl, stir together the black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocados, onion and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together red wine vinegar, lime juice, oil, salt and black pepper.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the bean mixture. Stir to blend.
- Cover and chill for about 1 hour before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.