Making this Strawberry Crisp was the first thing that came to mind when I bought my weekly half flat of Fresh Albion Strawberries. And like most of my recipes, super easy to make.
One question I am asked often is if you can use quick-cooking oats for this recipe. You can but since they are precooked and cut smaller, they will cook quicker. You will need to monitor closely so they don't burn.
🍓 Can I use Frozen Strawberries
This question comes up often. Since I always have fresh strawberries on hand, I have not had the chance to make this strawberry crisp using frozen strawberries. If you are going to use frozen strawberries I recommend you do not thaw them out first as well as adding an extra tablespoon of cornstarch.
If you are wondering how this crisp compares to a cobbler, a cobbler is a baked fruit dessert with a thick biscuit or dough topping, while a crisp is a baked fruit dessert topped with a thin crunchy topping.
I LOVE cinnamon so I like to add a bit more ground cinnamon when I make the topping for this strawberry crisp. If you like cinnamon as I do, you can use 1 teaspoon or even 1 ½ teaspoons.
For more great recipes like this one, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this Strawberry Crisp Recipe: Fresh Strawberries, White Sugar, Cornstarch, All Purpose Flour, Old Fashioned Rolled Oats, Light Brown Sugar, Ground Cinnamon, Salt and Unsalted Butter.
🥣 How to make Strawberry Crisp
Preheat the oven to 350°F
Lightly grease a 9-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
In a mixing bowl, add the fresh strawberries, ¼ cup white sugar and cornstarch. Toss to combine.
Put the strawberry mixture into the prepared baking pan.
In a separate bowl, mix the all purpose flour, rolled oats, ⅓ cup white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
Add the melted butter to the flour mixture and mix well.
Pour the flour mixture over the strawberries.
Bake for 35 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the strawberries are bubbly.
Easy Strawberry Crisp
- 32 oz Fresh Strawberries, hulled and quartered
- ¼ Cup White Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- ⅓ Cup White Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Lightly grease a 9 inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, add the fresh strawberries, ¼ cup white sugar and cornstarch. Toss to combine.
- Put the strawberry Mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix the all purpose flour, rolled oats, ⅓ cup white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the melted butter to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour the flour mixture over the strawberries.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the strawberries are bubbly.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.