I really wanted to make something a little different to go with this New Year’s honey-baked ham we were having for dinner.
I could’ve taken the easy way out and offered up some kind of gourmet mustard but what fun is that? In the end, I decided to make this Pineapple Sauce for Ham.
Not only does this pineapple sauce go great with baked ham, but it's also super easy to make.
I have made it an hour before heading over to my mother-in-law’s for Thanksgiving dinner. Y
es, it's that quick and easy to make. And the best part is this recipe only requires 6 simple ingredients!
You most likely already have all the ingredients in your pantry except possibly the cans of crushed pineapples. If you have cans of sliced pineapples you can chop them up or even pulse them in your food processor.
Like most of you, I prefer easy-to-make recipes around the Holidays. We all have a lot going on and don't have time to spend days in the kitchen making all sorts of dishes.
This pineapple sauce recipe is super quick & easy to make! If you can boil water you can make this delicious sauce to go with your ham.
If you are in need of a glaze for your ham, you have to make my Brown Sugar Glaze for Ham recipe. Easy to make and gives your ham a delicious flavor.
Have a leftover Ham Bone and are not sure what to do with it? Check out my Slow Cooker Ham and 15 Bean Soup recipe. Absolutely delicious!
For a pineapple sauce with a little more kick to it, I recommend trying my Pineapple Jalapeño Hot Sauce.
📋 Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this Pineapple Sauce for Ham recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Crushed Pineapples, Light Brown Sugar, Cornstarch, Salt, Lemon Juice and Dijon Mustard.
🥣 How to make Pineapple Sauce for Ham
- In a small saucepan mix the brown sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- Stir in undrained crushed pineapple, lemon juice, and mustard.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Boil while stirring for 1 minute.
- Serve warm with ham.
Pineapple Sauce for Ham
- 16 oz Crushed Pineapples
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- In a small sauce pan mix the brown sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Stir in undrained crushed pineapple, lemon juice and mustard.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Boil while stirring for 1 minute.
- Serve warm with Ham.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.