I suspect I like most all Peanut Butter cookies because I grew up eating Peanut Butter and Jam sandwiches. I thank God I am not allergic to peanuts! In any case, there is nothing super special about this recipe compared to the hundreds of peanut butter cookie recipes out there, but I can assure you that you will absolutely love these cookies!
If you love your mom’s old time peanut butter cookies, then this recipe if for you! Super easy to make and if you like to bake, you probably already have all the ingredients in your pantry.
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Shortening
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
How to make this Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sift flour with soda and salt into a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with your favorite non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening with both the brown and white sugar. Add eggs and beat until mixture is smooth and fluffy.
- Add peanut butter and beat well. Add flour mixture and mix well. Add vanilla extract and mix again.
- Using a cookie scoop, put cookie dough balls on the prepared baking sheet.
- With a fork, gently press down crossways on the dough balls, then press the opposite directions creating a waffle design on the cookie top.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Once done, remove the cookies from baking sheet immediately and place on a cooling rack.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.