I had never heard of poke cakes until a few years ago. It really is a clever way to infuse some flavors into the cake so you get some with every bite.
Pumpkin Poke CakePrint Pin Rate
- 1 Yellow Cake Mix
- 14 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/8 Tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 Can Condensed Milk
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Heath Bar Bits
- Caramel Ice Cream Topping
How to make this Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9 x 9 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the yellow cake mix (do not add the other ingredients on the cake mix box), pumpkin puree and the spices until a batter forms.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely after baking before starting next step.
- Using the bottom of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the top of the cake. Pour the can of the sweetened condensed milk over the cake, filling all the holes.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until the sweetened condensed milk has soaked into the cake.
- In a mixing bowl, beat heavy cream using an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold in powdered sugar. Spread whipped cream over the top of the cake.
- Sprinkle the toffee bits over the entire cake and drizzle with caramel topping over the cake.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Keep stored in the refrigerator.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.