I love good banana bread. One of my all-time favorites is my chocolate chip banana bread. So it only makes sense that I would love this Perfect Banana Cake Recipe? Ok I know that perfect might be a little tough to believe but that is my opinion of the Banana Cake.
This banana cake is just as easy to make as banana bread and tastes fantastic with buttercream frosting. For something a little different, you can try chocolate or strawberry frosting or even a peanut butter topping.
Make sure you check out my other wonderful cake recipes and delicious banana bread recipes. to check out my delicious banana bread recipes.
🍌 How to pick the right Bananas
The best bananas for banana bread are when they are overripe, not yellow but black. Or they're at least streaked with black/brown. The darker the better. If you can't find overripe bananas, you can speed up the process by putting the bananas in a paper bag along with an apple and loosely fold down the top. The bananas should ripen in just a day or two using this method.
For more great recipes like this one, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this Banana Cake recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Bananas, Lemon Juice, Milk, All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, Salt, Unsalted Butter, White Sugar, Light Brown Sugar, Eggs and Vanilla Extract.
🥣 How to Make The Perfect Banana Cake
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease and flour a 9 x 13 dish., Put 1 ½ tablespoon of lemon juice in measuring cup. Top the cup off to 1 ½ cups with milk. Set aside.
Mix mashed bananas with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Set aside.
Cream butter, white and brown sugars. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg. Add vanilla extract. Mix until fluffy.
In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
Alternate adding flour mixture and milk mixture to egg mixture, mixing well after each addition.
Fold banana mixture into the flour mixture.
Pour batter into prepared pan.
Reduce heat to 300F and bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Check after 55 minutes. Make sure you don't overbake!
Let cake cool completely before frosting.
The Perfect Banana Cake 🍌
- 1 ½ Cups Bananas, Mashed
- 2 ½ tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 ½ Cups Milk
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ tablespoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ⅔ Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- ½ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 dish.,Put 1 ½ tablespoon of lemon juice in measuring cup. Top the cup off to 1 ½ cups with milk. Set aside.
- Mix mashed bananas with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Set aside.
- Cream butter, white and brown sugars. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg. Add vanilla extract. Mix until fluffy.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Alternate adding flour mixture and milk mixture to egg mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Fold banana mixture into flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Reduce heat to 300¬∞F and bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Check after 55 minutes. Make sure you don't over bake!
- Let cake cool completely before frosting.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.