I love good banana bread. One of my all-time favorites is my chocolate chip banana bread. So it only makes sense that I would love this Banana Cake recipe?
The kitchen oven is reliable, but it’s made us lazy.
This cake is just as easy to make as banana bread and tastes fantastic with buttercream frosting. For something a little different, you can try chocolate or strawberry frosting or even a peanut butter topping.
The Perfect Banana Cake
- 1 1/2 Cups Bananas Mashed
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tbsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 2/3 Cup Unsalted Butter Softened
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Egg(s)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
how to make this recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 dish.,Put 1 1/2 Tbsp of lemon juice in measuring cup. Top the cup off to 1 1/2 cups with milk. Set aside.
- Mix mashed bananas with 1 Tbsp of lemon juice. Set aside.
- Cream butter, white and brown sugars. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg. Add vanilla extract. Mix until fluffy.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Alternate adding flour mixture and milk mixture to egg mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Fold banana mixture into flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Reduce heat to 300¬∞F and bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Check after 55 minutes. Make sure you don’t over bake!
- Let cake cool completely before frosting.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.