Barbara Bush's Famous Chocolate Chip CookiesPrint Pin Rate
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick cooking oats, not instant
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
How to make this Recipe
- Heat oven to 350°F. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt onto waxed paper. Set aside.
- Beat together butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl until fluffy. Stir in flour mixture until well blended. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoons, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.